Promote healthy eating with this easy-to-read overview of the key provisions of the Dietary Guidelines from the USDA and the Department of Health and Human Services, including the latest revisions released in 2016.
Highlighting the key provisions of the guidelines in a compact and colorful format, this pamphlet covers:
- Shifting to healthy eating patterns
- Choosing nutrient-dense foods
- Limiting solid fats, added sugars and salt
- Limiting overall calories
- Cutting back on portion size
- Eating more fruits and vegetables
- Switching to fat-free or low-fat milk and dairy products
- Setting daily activity goals for children and adults
The bold headlines, short checklists and attractive graphics in this title call out simple changes that anyone can make in their daily routines to help achieve and maintain a healthy weight and reduce chronic disease risks.
Customize: Imprint or customize this pamphlet, click here for details.